The privacy concerns of a person charged with a criminal offence is very important.
At ME LAW, in addition to our requirements by the Law Society to ensure we comply with our client’s privacy and obligations protecting solicitor-client privilege, we also take great efforts to to ensure our client’s privacy is protected and secure.
We will collect and disclose personal information in the following manner:
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
All use of this website www.melaw.ca is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, please do not access or use this website. These terms may be changed by ME Law Professional Corporation at any time without notice. Your use of the website constitutes your agreement to be bound by these terms.
- The materials provided on this site are for information purposes only. These materials constitute general information relating to areas of law familiar to our firm lawyers. They do NOT constitute legal advice or other professional advice and you may not rely on the contents of this website as such.
- The contents of the website do not necessarily represent the opinions of ME Law Professional Corporation or its clients. If you require legal advice, you should retain competent legal counsel to advise you. If you would like to retain ME Law Professional Corporation, please contact one of our lawyers, who will be pleased to discuss whether our firm can assist you. A solicitor-client relationship will arise between you and our firm only if we specifically agree to act for you. Until we specifically agree to act for you on a matter, you should not provide us with any confidential information or material.
Confidentiality of Communications
- ME Law Professional Corporation does not guarantee the confidentiality of any communications sent by e-mail or through its website, or left in voicemail messages on firm telephones. Unsolicited information and material may not be treated as confidential and will not be protected by any solicitor-client privilege. Accessing or using this website does not create a solicitor-client relationship. Although the use of the web site may facilitate access to or communications with members of ME Law Professional Corporation by e-mail or voicemail, receipt of any such communications or transmissions by any member of ME Law Professional Corporation does not create a solicitor-client relationship, unless our firm agrees to represent you.
- Although ME Law Professional Corporation has made reasonable efforts to ensure that the materials contained on this site are accurate, it does not warrant or guarantee: the accuracy, currency or completeness of the materials; that the site will be available without interruption, error or omission; that defects will be corrected; or that the website and the server(s) that make it available are free from viruses or harmful components. The website and the materials provided on the website are provided “as is” and “as available” without representations, warranties or conditions of any kind, either expressed or implied.
- ME Law Professional Corporation and its partners will have no liability for any damage arising from the misuse of any information provided on this website. The information provided on the website is not legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Doing so without seeking the advice of legal counsel constitutes a misuse of the information.
Copyright and Trade Marks:
- The copyright in this website and all materials contained in it is owned, or licensed by ME Law Professional Corporation. The ME Law Professional Corporation website, as a whole, or in part, may not be reproduced without the express prior written consent of ME Law Professional Corporation. To obtain such consent, please contact our Principal Lawyer / Owner at email@example.com or 416-606-5405
Linking to melaw.ca:
- ME Law Professional Corporation acknowledges and appreciates links to the ME Law Professional Corporation website. Links should go directly to the homepage at www.melaw.ca, or to the profile of one of the firm’s professionals.
- Linking directly to other pages within the site or framing content on the site is prohibited without the prior written consent of our Principal Lawyer / Owner.
Links to Third Party Sites:
- The ME Law Professional Corporation website has been designed to be a resource for information on matters that might be of interest to current or potential clients. As a result, there are links throughout the website to third party sites. These links are provided for convenience only, and do not mean that ME Law Professional Corporation endorses or recommends the information contained in linked web sites, or guarantees its accuracy, timeliness or fitness for a particular purpose.
- ME Law Professional Corporation takes no responsibility for the content or practices of third party sites.